Sunday, September 16, 2012

Fall is in the air

Last Sunday we went on a quick 1 hour hike to some beautiful falls only a 1 mile from Josh's parents house. Eli and Olivia were napping with Mawmaw and PawPaw so we did a fast hike up and down. I love this time of year- It's my favorite season by far! You can feel the air cooling off in the mornings and evenings and feel fall in the air. We haven't had the leaves change yet but that is soon to come.


Every Sunday after church we go eat lunch with all the Allisons. Usually we eat at Josh's Mom and Dad's house but we also go to Jan's house, Sonja's house, and now that we have room for everyone-our house. Since the birth of Olivia our family totals 19, so that's quite the crowd. I think it's wonderful that a family that big still gets together every week; all of the siblings get along (of course we all don't agree with each other all the time) and are truly a family. Isaac loves having 3 cousins (Bryce, Braedon, and Gabe) to play with and they have such a big time playing in the woods, playing air-soft, gaming, or just aggravating each other.
Pawpaw and Olivia
View of the falls-- the water was low
Jan, Braedon, Isaac, Bryce, Josh, Chris


On Friday night we went to the Mountain State Fair. The kiddos had fun. Isaac and Gabe rode all sorts of rides, Eli liked looking at the tractors (he wouldn't ride anything), and Olivia enjoyed hanging out in the Bjorn watching all the lights. Last year when we went I wouldn't eat any of the fair food because I was pregnant and was afraid of contracting listeria or some food illness that would hurt Olivia, so this year I ate my fill. I had an apple dumpling and of course the famous maple syrup cotton candy. I don't have a picture of the cotton candy but that stuff is GOOD! I would go to the fair just to get a bag. I wanted one of those turkey legs but I couldn't bring myself to eat one. 

Mawmaw and Eli looking at his new book- I was nursing Olivia at this point
Josh taking his turn with the Bjorn.. 
My apple dumpling




Fall also means fall sports. Isaac decided he wanted to play football after the fact so he is playing on Bryce and Braedon's team this year. He also wants to wrestle but that doesn't start until the end of October. He is loving Jr. High and just started riding the bus home this past week.... the first time in his life! Josh takes him in the morning but the afternoons have been a problem. Eli's nap time falls right in the middle of when it's time to go pick him up... so after 2 weeks of dealing with a cranky toddler I decided we had to at least try the bus. We followed it home and his bus actually leaves the Jr. High and comes straight to our road.. he gets here just as soon as he would if I waited in the car line. So far it's working out.. I keep questioning him about who he sits besides and if they are talking about drugs, sex, or anything else I don't deem appropriate for my 12 year old. 

Isaac ready for football


We also took the kids to the driving range-- primarily because Josh wanted to hit a few balls.  Isaac has his own clubs and Eli inherited Isaac's old set of clubs... they like to hit as well. 
Eli and a golf club = danger!
Look at Hoss carrying that bag... he's a beast
Izzer 
Maybe we need a few more lessons!
I wanna golf Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment