Saturday, September 29, 2012

My man

I post on the kiddos all the time but realized I haven't posted on my second-half.. Josh! All the movies, novels and romances describe men as the 'perfect one'. They show life as a fairy-tale. Well our life isn't a fairy-tale but it's my tale and Josh isn't perfect... but he's perfect for me. We have our ups and downs like most any couple. We fight hard, we love hard, and we compliment each other. I know who has my back at the end of the day and who will be here for me until the end. There are things he does that aggravate the crap out of me and I'm sure he would say the same thing about me. For example his clothes are always on the floor on his side of the bed, or when he shaves he never fully cleans out the sink. I don't think he has ever cleaned the tub (which he uses daily), and he went almost a year without getting a haircut! He likes to play video games to chill out and this just gripes my constant want to do something productive and he likes to turn the air down at night to 70 degrees (it would be 60 if not for my intervention) and then steal the comforter.  I'm sure there are more nit-picky things I could tell but now I am going to tell some of the things I love about him :)

1. He is loyal to me and to his family.
2. He is the kinda man that will go upstairs in the middle of the night to comfort our children when they cry.
3. He is such a burly big guy but has the heart of a lamb. He won't kill bugs or animals but instead sets them free.We've had words over the spiders. I'm all about squashing anything that comes on my territory.  He's not a hunter but I know that if he needed to kill something to feed us or protect us he wouldn't have a second thought.
3. He takes our oldest to all his ball practices, games and has even coached more times that I like.
4. He helps Isaac with his homework and has even stayed up until 3:00 am on a science project (yep, Isaac was grounded for delaying that one).
5. He keeps his word. If he tells Eli that he will take him on a four-wheeler ride.. then he goes on a four-wheeler ride.
6. He helps change diapers, rock babies to sleep, give baths  (all those tasks that seem to take forever!).
7. He is a big kid himself. When we got Isaac a air-soft gun.. guess who had to have one too. When Isaac needs help beating a level on his game...guess who helps him beat it?
8. He's strong and can fix almost anything he sets his mind to fixing.
9. He's a good teacher.. he taught snowboarding lessons in college and taught me how to as well (I'm still not very good but I can get down the hill without falling).
10. He tells it like it is... he gets this from his mama and sometimes it can be a good thing!

Well there are many other things I could tell but I don't wanna be too sappy. I love you Josh. Thanks for being a great husband and father.

No comments:

Post a Comment