Monday, September 10, 2012

The Chronicles of the Grocery Store

Going to the grocery store with babies is a nightmare period but going to the grocery store in a torrential rain storm with babies ranks up there with top misery.  If you make it to the grocery store then you shouldn't have to do anything else that day... it's that much work. I avoided going for 2 days straight and the only reason I sucked it up and ventured out was that the dishes in the dishwasher were starting to smell ( I was out of detergent) and I was having to hand wash everything. I only had two kids (Isaac was at school) to load up so I am very empathetic to those of you have more than 2 small children to load.

When we got there Eli wanted to drive the car buggy and I told him yes; however then I realized the car seat wouldn't fit in the car buggy. Instead of busting his bubble and causing complete toddler meltdown I squeezed Olivia's seat beside him on the car buggy and we started on our journey. The shopping part went pretty well. After I  checked out I looked outside and it was POURING... the kind of rain where it starts to flood the parking lot. I didn't have an umbrella because of course it wasn't raining when I went inside so we had to make a run for it. By the time I got to the car, got Olivia in, buckled Eli up and put all the groceries in the car I was completely drenched. There wasn't one dry spot left on my body.  It's a lot of rain when there is an inch of rain in the bottom of the grocery bags. Then of course the work doesn't stop when you get home. You still have to unload all the cargo (babies + groceries) and then put everything away! I let Eli go ride his tricycle in the rain since we were wet already... he thought that was just grand. He kept saying "I am soaked Mommy!". After a nice warm shower for Eli, and some warm milk for Olivia it was NAP time!

1 comment: