Saturday, September 15, 2012

Paving

We had our two big hills paved!!! Whhoohoo! I love my house, I love being in the woods, and I love my long driveway ( 1/3 mile)...But driving up steep gravel hills isn't the most fun. We just kept throwing money in gravel where the hills would wash and rut so we decided to suck it up and go ahead and pave the two hills. It's so nice and smooth now; I've just wanted to drive up and down, up and down.  Eli loved having the hills paved. He wanted to be outside the whole time to watch all the equipment and he wanted to know the name of each vehicle and what it was used for. We had to stay off of the drive all day on Friday so we used the four wheeler to get to the car that we parked at the bottom of the drive.  It was interesting getting all 5 of us down the hill!
    
                           
The hill pre-paved... Here is Isaac walking up the hill after the bus brought him home from school.
The paving process
Afterwards... so smooth
Josh, Iz, and E headed down on the fourwheeler. Don't worry Livi wasn't in the car seat. Eli was a bit worried though. He kept telling Josh "Don't drop Baby Sissy!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment